Community Bank Officer – Fredericksburg fredericksburg, virginia
Salary: 43000.00 – 58750.00 per Annum
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world.
SALARY: $43 – $58K
LOCATION: FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22407
SCHEDULE: HYBRID (DETERMINED BY SUPERVISOR)
Locus is seeking a Community Banking Officer in Fredericksburg, VA. The Community Banking Officer is a member of the Retail Banking team with a strong
understanding of retail and business products and services. Their primary focus and a key
competency is acquiring, expanding and retaining high value consumer and business deposit and
loan relationships; and a local resource for assisting customers with real estate and business
A Community Banking Officer makes individual and joint customer calls, actively engages in
networking to grow pipeline and new business and engages in community activities to promote
the bank, as the face of the bank. Collaborating with internal partners, retail
teammates credit administration and operational support teams, Community Banking Officers
ensure consumer and business customers are offered total financial solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for prospecting and originating consumer and/or small business loans, as well as
deposit relationships with existing and new customers.
• Must have general understanding of/regarding the basics of consumer and small business Retail
• Work with Retail Credit staff to review complicated transactions, structure loans, and loan
• Represents the bank in a professional manner in the branch, the community, civic and industry
professional events; including occasional after-hours events.
• Possesses a strong knowledge of Retail Banking and Small Business products, services, and
fees to confidently promote, deliver, and answer account related customer questions.
• General knowledge of products and services offered by internal business delivery partners,
such as commercial, treasury services, and mortgage; and provide a warm referral to the
• Consistently uses Carter Connect behaviors and skills to identify correct product types through
to utilize context clues and needs-based questions in order to identify the right products/services
to deliver to the customer or make referrals to internal departments or business delivery partners.
• Responsible for meeting defined expectations, pipeline management, and achieving
performance goals in all areas of responsibility. Models personal accountability.
• Ability to perform in high volume, time sensitive tasks which may include research and
problem solving to provide a high-level of customer service and minimize risk to both the
organization and for the customer.
• Ensures all disclosures, audit standards, bank policies, procedures are followed to safeguard
against fraud, deceptive practices and improprieties.
• Researches and assists customer inquiries, provides account information and services with a
focus on exceeding customer expectations, exploring additional sales opportunities, and
enhancing customer retention.
• Ability to maintain a strong working relationship with deposit and loan back office teams
supporting Retail Banking, both verbally and in writing, for a smooth transitional workflow to
ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participates in Branch performance cadence activities (i.e.; Huddles, meetings, etc.).
• Expected to make outside sales calls, networking or community events, as well as, meet with
clients at various branch locations.
• Looks for and identifies processes that enhance performance and workflow efficiencies.
• Promotes a service culture; modeling, motivating and mentoring peers and Branch team
• Has a good working knowledge of system functionality and workflows for the systems utilized
in Retail Banking.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or combined high school diploma and equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 1+ years of consumer and/or small business lending experience in a bank required.
• Customer portfolio management and/or customer account management a plus.
• Must obtain and maintain National Mortgage Loan (NMLS) certification.
• Preference to live within approximately 35 miles of the central “hub” location of the Area
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Understanding of traditional banking products and services.
• Confidence, attention to detail, and a sales aptitude.
• Proactive with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Complete all required compliance training by established deadlines.
• General understanding of regulations effecting Retail Banking, including but not limited to:
BSA, CIP, SAFE ACT, Fair Lending, HMDA and TRID, MLA, SCRA
STYLE OR APTITUDE TRAITS:
• “Can do: spirit; highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate
independently and take ownership/accountability of self and others.
• Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
• Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on
most impactful activities while meeting deadlines
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have proficient computer skills.
• Occasional standing, walking, bending and stooping required.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
• May require local travel, during and after business hours.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.