Desktop / Helpdesk Manager Charleston, SC
Salary: 35 – 45 per Hour
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in professional services. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for a Desktop/Helpdesk Manager for our client. This is a full time contract (6 months to perm) onsite role.
Position will work primarily on-site and will also travel to other locations as needed.
Schedule: Full Time (80 hrs every two weeks – benefited), Day shift, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
This position manages all aspects of planning, design and analysis of all user requests and requirements for implementation, development, integration, and support of solutions that span across care settings by planning, organizing and directing multiple or large project teams in all phases of work on major or multiple computer systems. Such systems may include, but are not limited to identify verification, patient portal, virtual medicine, kiosks, communication tools, etc. Manages the routine and strategic operations and integration of the applications for multiple geographic locations within RSFH. Directs the installation of software and hardware by outside vendors with internal IS support. Determines system specifications and ensures appropriate training programs are developed and implemented. Develops technical and Operational competence of appropriate staff members to ensure ongoing support of systems. All aspects of this position demand adherence to standard policies and practices including, but not limited to, regulatory compliance.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of demonstrated, progressive responsibility in Information Technology to relevant equipment and systems with management responsibilities in conjunction with this experience.
Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of demonstrated, progressive responsibility in Information Technology to relevant equipment and systems with management responsibilities in conjunction with this experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Windows Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory and included components
- Strong knowledge of Virtualization platforms Server & Desktop
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell, User/Kernel Dump analysis, Network protocol & packet analysis
- Strong knowledge of Citrix concepts and components
- Strong knowledge of Client Patch Management and Antivirus methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system configuration and best practices
- Working knowledge with Cisco UCS servers and infrastructure components
- Working knowledge of server hardware platforms and Windows server operating systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of server backup and recovery methodologies/technologies
- Working knowledge of storage system configurations
- Experience in large heterogeneous (1000+ Server) environments
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to author technical documents and create procedure manuals
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to conduct research into current and future technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Healthcare knowledge/background including data privacy practices and laws
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Must respond to and actively participate in disaster situations to restore information access to critical users such as patients, doctors, nurses, and administrators
If professional licensure/certification required for other than IS position, i.e. RN, then licensure required to be maintained.
Primary Source Verification (if applicable): N/A unless candidate has a professional license
Must be fully/independently technically competent and physically capable to perform duties as listed within technical guidance of the Director Infrastructure Services. Must be able to rapidly read, comprehend, and put to practical use, a wide variety of technical literature. Must be able to translate technical information and procedures into user solutions. Must be able to write and speak clearly to communicate effectively with users. Must develop and produce without assistance presentation-quality User Requirements and documentation. Must impart confidence to the users. Must respond to major incidents in accordance with department service level agreements. Must respond to and actively participate in disaster situations to restore information access to critical users such as administrators, doctors, nurses, and patients.
Requires occasional travel to other cities for seminars, professional training, new systems schools, and conferences. Requires manual dexterity operating a computer keyboard (alpha/numeric keying) and/or spatial device (such as ‘Mouse/Track-ball’) in fast/efficient manner. Must be able to visually interpret the computer monitor (distinguishing all colors for graphical user interface software).
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.