Developer x3 – Remote Minneapolis, MN
Salary: 105000 – 125000 per Year
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for a C# Developer for our client. This is a full time remote role.
• Existing applications are mix of C++/VB.NET/C#
• Candidate will help move legacy applications into new C#
• One application has some calculations libraries in Fortran, but the changes to Fortran are minimal and client resources generally handle those changes.
• Business domain is fairly math heavy (civil/structural engineering), so having some comfort with that is a plus.
• Client developers have a Professional Engineering background, and some are straight developers – in general they have one PE as a SME for each application, to be available as a resource for developers without an engineering background.
• Legacy code isn’t well Unit Tested.
• UI-wise, they use both Windows Forms and WPF
• Microsoft SQL
• Intermediate Microsoft DevOps
• Git source control
• Unit testing
• System design and connecting multiple pieces of software together (interoperability)
• Agile development
• Modernizing legacy code to uphold clean code principles
• Provide architectural suggestions & direction for legacy apps and new features
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.