IT Specialist Helpdesk Kansas City, MO
Salary: 50,000 – 56,000 per Year
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for an IT Specialist Helpdesk role for our client. This is a full time contract to hire remote/onsite role.
About the Job:
Company is seeking an IT Support Specialist who is self-motivated, directed and solution oriented. You will be responsible for supporting our Company workforce by providing first-level end-user technical support and administering various IT services including end-user identity management, systems access, equipment and software provisioning, and replacing or upgrading end-user IT equipment.
As an IT Support Specialist, you’ll address technical Apple/macOS and Windows end-user questions and issues. You will also mentor and coach end-users to help them best utilize approved internal applications and hardware.
- Perform help desk functions including identification of issues, first-level problem resolution, and timely escalation of higher-level engineering challenges
- Professional, courteous, and timely response to end-users via chat, email and phone
- Respond to help desk tickets via the ticketing solution including documentation of the issue and resolution
- Troubleshooting and resolving basic internal network, server, MFA, operating system, O365, and other SaaS application access issues for company end-users
- Taking ownership of end-user issues reported and seeing issues through to timely resolution
- Documenting common issues and resolution to provide knowledge management content to assist other IT Support Specialists and end-users
- Installing, configuring, updating, and maintaining operating hardware and software
- Full ownership of calls including issue resolution and escalation, when required, for after-hours support hotline shifts and responsibilities
- Working flexible hours when required to meet the requirements of the position
- Support other help desk activities as directed by management
- Participating in the administration of servers, routers, switches, firewalls, VOIP, mobile devices, software deployment, security updates, and patches as required
- Setting-up and maintaining monitoring systems and alerting systems for production environments to achieve optimum performance
- Working directly with the Security Team on security-related projects, initiatives, maintenance, and monitoring
- Providing recommendations for new or updates to policies and procedures related to technology and services
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching other technology team members
- Maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Communicating ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple issues, projects and/or deadlines
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with design, implementation, and management of multiple environments with components across all 7 OSI layers
- Advanced hands-on experience with Windows 2012/2016 domain administration: JIRA, OKTA, Active Directory Services (ADS), Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Printer Management, etc.
- Hands-on experience with IDP administration
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, LAN/WAN, switching, firewall rules and configuration, VPN, and other networking technologies
- Experience utilizing, troubleshooting, and managing a critical virtual server environment
- Experience administering various SaaS applications
- Technical experience of industry hardware platforms, operating systems, and applications for wireless connections
- Ability to conduct research, use and train other on tools, software, and technical procedures on a wide range of computing issues, as required
- Knowledge and experience of operational monitoring systems and operational security alerting systems
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse/complex material as well as handle multiple, competing and changing priorities while performing in a timely manner and effectively without direct supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing clear, concise, and professional documentation for areas of assigned responsibility required
- Willingness to strive to consistently improve, both personally, and as a team, to achieve extraordinary results in customer service and technical skills
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.