UC Sr Technical Consultant Washington, DC
Salary: 200,000 – 230,000 per Year
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for a Sr Technical Consultant for our client. This is a full time perm role.
You will be a part of the post-sales engineering delivery team. You will combine your technical expertise and ability to work with project stakeholders to successfully implement advanced solutions into a variety of customer environments.
Your specific duties as a Senior Technical Consultant will include:
- Successful track record of design, implementation, and support of Cisco Unified Collaboration solutions to include core call control, hybrid call control, voicemail, unified messaging, instant messaging with presence, mobile and remote access, and meeting services
- A responsibility for understanding the technologies and key business drivers to create and deliver solutions based on the needs of the customer
- The ability to work with customers hand-in-hand on requirements gathering and design in order to successfully deliver Cisco validated, fully supported solutions that follow current best practice
- The aptitude to support multiple ongoing projects
- Provide remote and onsite services as required to fulfill contract requirements
- Travel onsite to customer locations as needed. Ability to travel is a must
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven 7+ years experience with Cisco UC portfolio: Communications Manager, Unity Connections, Instant Message and Presence, Expressway, MRA, Cisco Meeting Server, etc
- Experience with all aspects of telco technologies including legacy digital/TDM environments, cabling infrastructures, POTS, PRI, SIP, etc
- Thorough knowledge implementing Cisco UCS servers to support virtualization of UC applications. Dell compute experience is a plus
- An ideal candidate will also include design/implementation/scripting and support of Cisco’s Contact Center Express (UCCX)
- Working experience of the REST API as it relates to scripting with Cisco Meeting Server as well as base scripting ability utilizing tools such as Python, Java, etc
- Experience with traditional networking technologies to support Layer 2 and 3 requirements
- Minimum 5+ years direct applicable consulting experience
- Solid understanding enterprise network design including experience with DoD SIPR and NIPR
- Strong understanding of delivering all technology in a secure manor to include ability to deliver Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Top Secret clearance is required, SCI eligibility preferred
- CCNP (Collaboration) Required
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II+ required
- up to 75% travel is possible
- Four-year BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred or 8 year’s equivalent work experience
- Being able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal is key!
- Motivated by challenges and has a strong sense of commitment to customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented and organized with an inquisitive nature that is open to learning from all sources
- Natural Attention to Detail!
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individually
- Ability to foster strong relationships at all levels
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret Eligible at the TIME OF HIRE
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Company is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
Company requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with company, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide company with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.