UC Engineer- Phoenix Phoenix, AZ
Salary: 60 – 67 per Hour
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Company is looking for a Collaboration Engineer to support the Phoenix Indian Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. The Engineer will work an assigned 8hr day shift Monday through Friday. However, this may be altered to include nights or weekends to support critical needs of the environment since PIMC is a 24x7x365 hospital operation
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Collaboration Engineer will have key accountabilities for any of the Cisco voice technologies such as UCCX, UCCE, Jabber, WebEx, CUCM and Call Manager and ensure the day-to-day operations of the installed and interrelated system in the environment, identify and recommend changes and upgrades to the systems as technologies evolve, insure the security of the systems and work to teach existing IT staff how to perform the same duties independently. Typical duties may include:
- Will be an escalation point for issues and requests that cannot be serviced by other groups, working issue to resolution, improving upon process, procedure, and knowledge to reduce future escalations.
- Continually develop and enhance technical operating procedures and documentation to improve upon efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Can periodically construct and facilitate training with other groups in support of increasing capabilities, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
- Provide input on architecture, roadmaps, and best practice standards
- Point of contact for any end user support – trouble shooting for network, telecommunications, and associated servers, workstations, and other network devices.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and actions per manufacturer and costumer standards
- Improve operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features and development of processes and interface requirements
- Plan and execute VoIP Infrastructure upgrade and migration activity and evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features
- Provide support for the PIMC paging infrastructure
- Support for 1,100+ employees at PIMC
- Provide backup support to the PIMC IT Technicians
- Provide escalation support to the PIMC IT Staff
- Provide technical support for: Cisco switches, servers, workstations, and other network and telecommunication devices.
- Utilize experience, technical knowledge and programming skills in order to identify problematic areas and optimize existing environment (capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service)
- Report directly to COR or designee and work in a support fashion and customer first focus in all aspects of the duties listed above
- CCNA – Valid Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or a minimum of six (6) years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of successful Cisco Network Voice Experience.
- ITIL V3 foundation certification preferred.
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.