Program Manager – Culver City Culver City, CA
Salary: 55 – 60 per Hour
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for a Program Manager for our client. This is a full time contract role with potential for hire.
About the opportunity:
The Construction Program Manager is in the Networks group. The networks group is responsible for finding new markets, setting them up, and contributing heavily to running them. We need someone who excels in a fast-paced environment with many diverse, competing priorities and can handle a dash of ambiguity to boot. The incumbent will possess a robust communication style and the ability to navigate difficult discussions with external parties. As well as the ability to provide clear and concise reports to senior management or other partners, while leading cross-functional program teams in a distributive environment. Lastly, the incumbent will be tenacious for value-creating outcomes while being mindful of operating environment norms.
About the role:
- Managing construction projects in multiple cities/towns: We have construction projects underway in multiple cities. You will be in charge of ensuring those projects are timely and on budget. This will involve working closely with other members of the Networks team, operations, our vendor management team, support, marketing, product management, and external suppliers to make sure everything is moving according to plan and helping us solve issues when it isn’t. You will be in the eye of the storm.
- Assisting various construction-related elements as necessary: From permits to inventory, there are a lot of areas inside each build that need tracking and process help. We need your skills to help us establish processes and systems as necessary to be successful.
- Working cross-functionally inside the organization to help set up new markets: It takes a lot of work from multiple teams to get a new market online. You’ll assist in everything from the sourcing and setup of property, purchasing vehicles/equipment, helping with new employee onboarding, and more.
- Acting as the market expert inside the building to help other departments devise strategies and resolve problems: You’ll be a key representative of the Networks department, acting as a business expert in helping resolve a wide variety of day-to-day tasks and issues as they arise. You’ll need to build the relationships necessary to make sure the various departments you work with can turn to you for the right information and decisions.
A bit about you:
- 7+ years fiber infrastructure construction management
- Leading complex programs with a delivery culture
- Scaling up scope and scale of program teams
- CAPEX and OPEX budget development and stewardship
- Conducting face to face meetings with local officials and some on construction site meetings
- Civil construction management practices with municipal, county, and state agencies
- Strong knowledge of FTTH architecture, design, and construction
- Evolving relationships and processes with cross-functional constituents
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Advanced schedule and budget management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues across and up and down the organization
- Comfortable initiating, managing and solidifying process and playbook changes while continuing to deliver on production goals
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business partners.
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.