QA Automation Engineer New York, new york
Salary: 40 – 50 per Hour
Client seeks a QA Automation Engineer in the Bureau of Technology Development and Systems (BTDS). Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of BA, QA and UX, you will be responsible for creating test procedures for our Web & Mobile Applications. You will understand Applications in-depth and design automated tests to validate their functionality & performance. You will need a passion to find bugs and try to break an Application.
- Work closely with Business Analysts & Developers to understand intricacies of Applications.
- Manual and Automated testing of Applications.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured Test Plans and Test Cases
- Identify, record and document Bugs thoroughly, and track them.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Check consistency across Devices, Browsers & OS.
- Track quality assurance metrics like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Identify software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Review software bug reports and highlight problem areas.
- Use advanced programming skills create automation scripts and build up Regression Test Suites.
- Hands-on experience with ALM Octane, Quality Center, UFT & Load Runner to train team members to utilize Micro Focus’ suite of tools.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, bug fixing, and testing protocols.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Selenium and JMeter though not essential, is highly desirable.