Safety Manager Minneapolis, MN
Salary: 90,000 – 110,000 per Year
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
Position Title: Safety Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
• Responsible for company’s safety program as a whole.
• Responsible for writing safety policy and procedure documents.
• Lead industry required safety training programs, conduct applicable training, and solicit appropriate vendor training.
• Manage compliance efforts set by DOT.
• Manage compliance efforts as required by OSHA.
• Lead company safety meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field, or the equivalent in training and work experience.
• 3-6 years proven experience in construction related safety management.
• Expert knowledge of construction safety processes and requirements.
• Expert knowledge of requirements under the DOT and (FMCSA).
• OSHA 30-Hour certification is required, OSHA 500 preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with all levels of employees.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to operate heavy machinery.
• Certified to conduct Confined Space/Fall Protection and Competent Person/Trench Safety.
• Certified to conduct CPR and First Aid training.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.