Systems Analyst Milwaukee, WI
Salary: 50 – 60 per Hour
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, networking, and infrastructure. We have extensive experience delivering technology solutions in the Network, Cloud, and Security arenas to some of the largest companies in the world. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for a Systems Analyst IT for our client. This is a full time contract to hire hybrid role.
Systems Analyst Information Technology (IT) Non-Exempt
A Systems Analyst reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support the Company’s applications systems. Typically works under the direction of a project leader.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Systems Analysts are required to be individuals whose integrity, credibility, self- discipline, maturity, loyalty, judgment and common sense are beyond reproach. They are expected to function effectively in a high-energy, multi-faceted environment and perform essential duties accurately and regularly interact positively and cooperatively with team members, officers, employees, agents and customers. It is expected employees will work 40 hours each week and from time to time work whatever extra hours are necessary to help fulfill the mission of the Company or of the department. Particular qualifications and characteristics include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of computer operations, programming and computer hardware and software.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions and multi-task in a time sensitive environment and handle job responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports and to plan, coordinate and administer complex administrative systems and processes as necessary.
- Follows directions and is able to read and comprehend instructions, apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, and think strategically to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates skill in written and oral communication and exhibits well- developed interpersonal skills, including a willingness to be tactful and respectful in dealing with all people especially those with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to be sensitive and effective in responding to the concerns of our customers both internal and external.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Supports the Company’s public image by engaging in appropriate community activities and educational opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish and sustain harmonious working relations in a fast-paced collaborative paperless environment and to communicate respectfully and effectively with officers, managers/supervisors, other company employees, and external customers.
- Adhere strictly to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and Company policies, including particularly the Company’s commitment to remain a service-driven mutual insurance company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers and the Company’s support of the independent agency system as the most effective method of distributing its products and services.
- Build and maintain trust in all on-the-job relationships, communicating openly and listening receptively to the views and ideas of other officers and staff members
- Take pride in appearance and maintain a clean and professional work environment.
- Respond to phone calls, e-mails and faxes per department and Company established guidelines.
- Adhere to all applicable department and Company standards for attendance and punctuality.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to program client, web and web service applications utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server and Crystal Reports for our internal employees, independent agents, insureds, banking and government entities.
- Consults with IT team to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Assists System Administrator as an additional resource to learn and perform light network duties related to hardware, security and network applications
- Tests programs and systems by analyzing them to determine likely problem areas, constructing and using sample data to test programs or systems failures
- Monitors all IT systems which may require support during any hour of the day or night
- Interacts with internal users and provides clear and useful instruction and training, as needed, on the use of equipment and software, and on network features.
- Interacts with external users (agents and policy holders) and provides clear and useful instruction and training, as needed, on the use of any particular system they would interact with.
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.