Technical Writer San Diego, CA
Salary: 50 – 60 per Hour
Locus is a nimble, experienced consulting team specializing in professional services. Candidates are treated like unique individuals, not a commodity, and our career experts are committed to understanding all aspects of a candidate’s wants and needs in order to find the best possible fit.
We are laser-focused on winning together and supporting both our internal team and clients alike for long-term shared success. We take a full-service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs to find the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective. People are at the cornerstone of what we do, and we’d love to hear from you.
Locus is currently searching for a technical writer for our client. This is a full time contract role.
Hybrid position – 3 days onsite and 2 days remote
M-F 8am-5pm Shift
6 month contract with potential to extend based on project needs
Must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask onsite – healthcare client.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- 5+ years technical writing experience in an (Infrastructure support environment preferred)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project
- Ability to coordinate/communicate with multiple parties to plan cutovers and explain impacts of DFS migration
- Experience working with Service Now and Confluence Technical documentation for cloud migration, data flow, application migration is preferred
- Create product documentation for end users and system administrators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide work samples
- Proven experience making technical content accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
- Experience working in ITIL/Scrum/Agile development environments
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Motivation and ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
- Familiarity with IT service management software (ITSM), PaaS, and SaaS
- Analyze current product documentation to determine usability and make improvements as indicated
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from customers and internal users
Benefits: Locus offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and paid time off to all full-time employees.
Locus is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.